system.conf question

Havoc Pennington hp at redhat.com
Thu Jun 29 08:52:29 PDT 2006

Mark S. Townsley wrote:

>   "Using your real home directory for testing, set DBUS_TEST_HOMEDIR to
> avoid

(side note, be sure you build without tests enabled for production)

>    No reply within specified time"
>
> So under what situation is  user="*" really be honored?  Or am I using
> this config option in a wrong way?

These errors may not have anything to do with user="*", the problem
might be other policy elements. You could try copying the policy stuff
from the default session.conf to allow all messages, get it working that
way, then figure out the "firewalling" later.