DBUS connection refused

John (J5) Palmieri johnp at redhat.com
Sun Mar 12 07:43:06 PST 2006

You can't run the tests directly per say.  They are unit tests and are
designed to be run from within the tarball using 'make check'.  They are
linked to the libraries in the tarball while running dbus-launch would
start up the bus installed on the system.  Between 0.3x and 0.6x we
changed the ABI of how sockets are added to the system.  In the old
version they were fixed length with the unused portion of the socket
name being padded by \0 bytes.  The newer ABI specifies that the socket
name should be truncated.  This means that a newer library trying to
talk to an older daemon will not be able to connect to each other
because they view socket names very differently.