DBUS connection refused

Matthew Johnson dbus at matthew.ath.cx
Sun Mar 12 01:53:29 PST 2006

On Sat, 11 Mar 2006, Rohit Chaudhri wrote:

> I have recently built DBUS version 0.60 on my Ubuntu desktop. I want
> I first launch a session bus using bin/dbus-launch, this prints the following:
>
> DBUS_SESSION_BUS_ADDRESS='unix:abstract=/tmp/dbus-eQRpBp1phI,guid=555c13447a71593210a04946430c2f00'
> DBUS_SESSION_BUS_PID=22724
>
> test-service
> *** Failed to open connection to activating message bus: Failed to
> connect to socket /tmp/dbus-eQRpBp1phI: Connection refused

Do you also have an older version of DBUS installed? it looks like a
problem I had when the daemon is running the 0.60 version, but the
client is linking to 0.36 (or similar) libraries. Try setting
LD_LIBRARY_PATH to the location of the 0.60 client bindings.

> test-names is looking for the system bus it seems, I have the system

This looks like a false alarm (typo in the printed messages?) it's
trying to connect to the socket in the DBUS_SESSION_BUS_ADDRESS
variable.

Matt
--
Matthew Johnson