Splitting out core and bindings final stages

John (J5) Palmieri johnp at redhat.com
Mon May 8 08:37:39 PDT 2006

On Mon, 2006-05-08 at 02:17 +0300, Rob Taylor wrote:

> > Already the d-bus developers are stretched thin in terms of time
> > allotted to developing for it.  My goal and in fact my job as the
> > defacto maintainer is to move us forward to a stable 1.0.  If we are
> > going to block on this I'm serious about being just as well with
> > sticking with CVS.
> How bad a block is a few days of evaluating our options? Once we switch
> we'll be stuck with our choice, so I would certainly hope we choose one
> that's most developer-time efficient going forward. We certainly don't
> want to add more work to our stretched roles already ;)

Well we are not stuck as per my post.  It is easy to move.  I more
concerned with having Robot101 spending his time as an admin.  Where
possible steal resources from other projects :-)

> I would suggest that we get both bzr and git repos set up and try them
> both out before jumping ship in any direction.

I just think the cairo community went through this painful process
already and it really doesn't need to be repeated for every project.  In
any case if this is what you guys want to do then lets do it sooner than
later.  I already have a split tree (since Friday).  I'll ask Robot101
to create the directories on fd.o so we can have at.

I'm just frustrated with the slow pace of getting to 1.0.  The problem
is not that there is this huge amount of development that is holding us
back but rather that the last few things that need to be done are just
not getting done.

BTW. gitk is worth its weight in gold.

John (J5) Palmieri <johnp at redhat.com>

More information about the dbus mailing list