C-API Examples

William Lachance wrlach at gmail.com
Mon May 8 17:23:17 PDT 2006

On 5/8/06, Ralf Habacker <ralf.habacker at freenet.de> wrote:

> I recognized that some core tools like dbus-monitor uses the glib
> mainloop. What does this means relating to the binding split from the
> core ?
> If glib will be a requirement for the core library, than on windows glib
> will be a requirement for dbus, which would not be good at all.
> If glib will not be a requirement, a dbus only mainloop has to be
> implemented for unix and windows.

dbus-monitor is a useful debugging tool, but it isn't required to get
any of the
core functionality going on Win32. glib as a "developer only" dependancy doesn't
sound that bad to me, given the effort involved in rewriting it to use
the dbus-only
mainloop. It's possible I don't understand the issues involved, however.
--
William Lachance
wrlach at gmail.com