dbus daemon - creating a logfile of all messages

Kai Teuber Kai.Teuber at basyskom.de
Thu May 11 03:12:23 PDT 2006

Hi,

I'm trying to monitor all messages on dbus, because the dbus-monitor didn't
makes it. So I tried to patch the daemon.
Within the file dbus_connection.c in the function dbus_connection_dispatch I
added some code to write the needed informations into a logfile.

But some needed informations are missing. I get the member name, the
destination name but not the sender name. It always is '(null)'.

Can someone tell me where a better place is to make a logfile from all
messages on the bus?

Regards,
 Kai Teuber