Test git repos now up and running

John (J5) Palmieri johnp at redhat.com
Thu May 11 09:16:53 PDT 2006

On Thu, 2006-05-11 at 10:43 +0200, Ralf Habacker wrote:
> Daniel Stone schrieb:
> > On Thu, May 11, 2006 at 07:44:00AM +0200, Ralf Habacker wrote:
> >
> >> I cannot access the repository from cygwin because of unknown  password.
> >>
> >> $ git-clone git+ssh://git.freedesktop.org/git/dbus
> >> Password:
> >>

> > Well, yeah, you need an account for that.
> >
> And where can I get one ?

We only give commit access to those who do a lot of development on dbus
which they have submitted through patches.

> >> The readonly access does not work too
> >>
> >> $ git clone git://git.freedesktop.org/git/dbus
> >> fatal: unexpected EOF
> >> fetch-pack from 'git://git.freedesktop.org/git/dbus' failed.
> >>
> >> $ git clone git://anongit.freedesktop.org/git/dbus

This seems to be working now.  Make sure you remove any repos that may
have been created during the failed clone.  Note that the dbus repo is
there for comparison purposes only.  CVS is still where the it will
reside.  /git/dbus/dbus-<binding>  are the repos that will officially be
moved.