unknown username root in message bus configuration file

paul mullen pdmullen at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 3 04:50:34 PST 2006

Hi,

I forgot my root password on Fedora and changed it via booting the system
using knoppix and mounting /dev/hda3 - changing /etc/passwd by removing the
x in the second column.
I can now log in as root but get the following errors - unknown username
"root" in message bus configuration file - unknown username "0" in messages
bus configuration file. Can anyone tell me what has happened and how I can
resolve this problem?

Many Thanks in Advance

Paul