D-Bus RC2 this Friday

Havoc Pennington hp at redhat.com
Wed Oct 11 09:30:19 PDT 2006

John (J5) Palmieri wrote:
> I want to do a new release this Friday.  A lot has changed so we need an
> RC2.  Is there anything packagers need to be aware of?  We added the new
> machine UUID stuff.  Is this handled by the daemon or do we need to add
> code to the post scripts?

"dbus-uuidgen --ensure" should be placed in post scripts.

btw, I'm thinking that the dbus-launch changes I wrote up can be made
post-1.0 if needed - they change the interface to dbus-launch a bit, but
I think not in a way that will really break anyone, so it should be OK
to do so. Anyone disagree with this? Maybe a note in the man page about
planned changes would be a good idea?