[ANNOUNCE] D-Bus 1.0 RC 2 (0.94) released

Daniel Stone daniel at fooishbar.org
Sun Oct 15 04:32:08 PDT 2006

On Sat, Oct 14, 2006 at 06:29:10PM -0400, Havoc Pennington wrote:
> I wonder which distribution will be the first one to accidentally get
> the machine uuid file in the file list of the package and thus have the
> same id for all machines running that os ...

http://ozlabs.org/~rusty/ols-2003-keynote/img39.html

Read until img56.html.  Really.

(After doing this, go back and check out the plain C bindings wrt
 iterators in messages, particularly the part that requires you to hand
 it a _pointer_ to a string, i.e.:
 dbus_message_iter_append(whatever, "this api sucks horribly");
 is broken, whereas:
 argh = strdup("i cannot believe i'm doing this");
 dbus_message_iter_append(whatever, &argh);
 is correct.  Obviously.)