Bluez: dbus not > 0.35

Marcel Holtmann marcel at holtmann.org
Tue Oct 31 00:37:46 PST 2006

Hi Thiago,

> >I'm trying to cross-compile Bluez for an ARM but keep running into a
> > dbus not > 0.35 problem.  The same problem was posted here a couple
> > months ago:
> >
> >http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/dbus/2006-August/005310.html
>
> I think you've got the wrong mailing list. I suggest you talk to the bluez
> developers instead.
>
> At the very least, we'd need the relevant sections of your config.log.
> Does "pkg-config --cflags dbus-1 > 0.35" show anything? (remember to
> escape the >)

please don't send this from one mailing list to another one. The BlueZ
packages are using simply plain pkg-config to detect D-Bus and they are
clean and have been working without any problems. The issue is when it
comes to cross compiling D-Bus. This is not a general D-Bus problem at
all, but non of its documentation talks about on how getting it cross
compiled for embedded architectures. With the Linux Bluetooth stack it
has a serious user in the embedded area.

Regards

Marcel