SELinux and libdbus-java-1.9.tar.gz

Matthew Johnson dbus at matthew.ath.cx
Tue Sep 5 09:00:04 PDT 2006

On Tue, 5 Sep 2006, Guy Delamarter wrote:

> One way, and I'm not sure it is the _right_ way, to resolve this is to
> take the java interpreter from system_u:object_r:java_exec_t to
> system_u:object_r:bin_t like python is (one can see these with ls -Z, if
> you care, and change them using chcon).  My understanding is that when
> the contexts get reapplied (upgrades, installations), the java_exec
> context will be reasserted.

I *think* python and Java ought to do similar things wrt to permissions;
although I don't know if python needs executable memory (JIT compiling),
which Java does.The Java policy should certainly allow this usage
though, so there is a bug. I've played with SELinux before, the context
will be reapplied, but if you change the config file which Java installs
(and the package doesn't overwrite it, if it does blame your package
manager for not being dpkg) then it will fix it permanently.

> Once the VM has the right context, the java dbus bindings work just fine
> for this basic application, although I have noticed 1.9 always emits
> some sort of diagnostic about a "disconnected" signal from dbus.Local to
> the tty.

Can you send me the message? I *might* have left some debug on, else
there could be a problem with how I'm handling DBus.

Matt
--
Matthew Johnson
http://www.matthew.ath.cx/