dbus-sysdeps-unix.h

Derek Ditch de.c0d3 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 18 07:37:10 PDT 2006

Hi, I'm new here, but just wanted to point out a possible problem with this
appraoch (which may already be obvious, if so, I apologize).  By setting the
uid to 1 and just assuming the console user, you break the use-case where
someone may want to run a terminal server with multiple sessions of a
particular app (say using KOffice when it is released w/ KDE4).  If everyone
on the system effectively has the same uid to dbus, then anyone will be able
to access the IPC of all the other users.

And maybe this has already been identified and just assumed to be put into
DBus 2.0 (I just joined the list last week).  If not, it's an observation,
nonetheless.

Thanks for listening,

Derek Ditch
'dcode' on freenode (#kde-darwin, #dbus, others)