lost message re: namescope idea from last post

Rudi Cilibrasi, Ph.D. cilibrar at gmail.com
Tue Apr 24 07:26:10 PDT 2007

(n.b. the mailing list processor removed this explanatory text from my first
posting.. the files
are in the last post on this same day)

Hi everybody,

I have just recently joined the DBUS list and have been having a good time
learning this fun system.
I have a need to have potentially multiple servers running (each doing
compute intensive jobs) in my
application and thus need some way to generate instanced names or something
like that, so that
a client can connect to any one of a number of different servers based on a
variety of conditions.  I
had an idea for a solution this morning.  This limitation has been mentioned
before, and I have written
up one possible solution called scoped names, implemented in the three
source files I have attached
in this email.  I also have some explanatory comments and I include the
sample output in namemain.c
as well for your enjoyment.  I look forward to your responses.  Best
regards,

Rudi