intro and idea about multiple-instance services / naming fallback framework

Rudi Cilibrasi, Ph.D. cilibrar at gmail.com
Wed Apr 25 08:46:40 PDT 2007

Sure, that is one possibility.  If it doesn't make it into the library,
then I am hoping it will serve as a clear example to help make
discussion more concrete and productive: I would like to understand
the right way to, for example, utilize all four CPU's on a multiprocessor
machine running DBUS type computation servers (for grid-type
scientific application with lots of CPU).  Right now I am trying to
get a grasp on what possibilities exist.  This scope thing is the
only generic solution I could think of, and it doesn't seem that generic.
So I would like to stimulate more discussion and solutions to the
problem but not necessarily fix on this one so much as analyze it.
Cheers

Rudi