System D-Bus Won't Start (Unknown Error: 1073838592)

John Sample john.m.sample at gmail.com
Fri Aug 31 10:05:48 PDT 2007

Hello,

I'm trying to use Bluez which needs the system D-Bus daemon, but I'm having
trouble getting D-Bus started.  I'm running on an ARM v5tle platform, and
compiled D-Bus with the following config: --prefix=/usr
--enable-verbose-mode.  Here is what I get when I try to start the daemon:

root at 192.168.0.105:/opt/dbus-1.0.2# dbus-daemon --system
18266: Allocated slot 0 on allocator 0x5cafc total 1 slots allocated 1 used
18266: Finalizing bus context 0x5d060
18266: Freeing slot 0 on allocator 0x5cafc total 1 allocated 1 used
Failed to start message bus: Unknown error 1073838592

If I do dbus-daemon --session, the session daemon seems to start ok - it at
least shows up in my process list.  One other odd thing I noticed was during
the compilation I received the following warnings many times:

dbus-marshal-recursive.c:212: warning: cast increases required alignment of
target type
dbus-marshal-validate.c:367: warning: cast increases required alignment of
target type

Can anyone help me out?

Thanks,
--