System D-Bus Won't Start (Unknown Error: 1073838592)

Havoc Pennington hp at redhat.com
Fri Aug 31 10:43:09 PDT 2007

Hi,

On 8/31/07, John Sample <john.m.sample at gmail.com> wrote:
> root at 192.168.0.105:/opt/dbus-1.0.2# dbus-daemon --system
> 18266: Allocated slot 0 on allocator 0x5cafc total 1 slots allocated 1 used
> 18266: Finalizing bus context 0x5d060
> 18266: Freeing slot 0 on allocator 0x5cafc total 1 allocated 1 used
> Failed to start message bus: Unknown error 1073838592

This looks like there's a failure earlier that leads to finalizing the
context. You might find the issue if you just look earlier in the
output.

> Can anyone help me out?

You'll basically have to debug it, since it's specific to your
platform and setup that nobody else has, but if you have any questions
you are welcome to post them and we'll try to help.