Session dbus-daemons not killed after logout

Frederic Crozat fcrozat at mandriva.com
Mon Feb 5 06:41:46 PST 2007

Le lundi 05 février 2007 à 09:28 -0500, Havoc Pennington a écrit :
> Jan Houtsma wrote:
> > Well, still when i change in /etc/passwd the shell from /bin/zsh into
> > /bin/bash, the problem disappears. When changing back to /bin/zsh, the
> > dbus-daemon doesn't exit when the X-server resets. So well, yea, it
> > should trigger on X maybe or on *either* shell exiting this X-server
> > runs by.
> >

> What I'm saying is, there are two mechanisms for killing the daemon:
>   1) losing the controlling terminal (shell could affect this)
>   2) losing the X server (don't see how shell could affect this)
>
> 2) is the one I expect to be more robust and reliable. I don't see how
> it could be zsh-related, though anything is possible.

We had a similar issue some time ago on Mandriva Linux when people where
using csh with dbus : our way of starting dbus-launch (using a shell
script) was using --auto-syntax, so csh syntax was used when people were
using csh, but the script itself was always executed by (ba)sh, so we
had to use --sh-syntax for every case.

--
Frederic Crozat <fcrozat at mandriva.com>
Mandriva