[patch] python-dbus 0.80.1 memory leak issue

Luka Renko lure at kubuntu.org
Wed Feb 7 11:32:25 PST 2007

On Wednesday 7. of February 2007 14:04:00 Simon McVittie wrote:
> On Tue, 06 Feb 2007 at 20:28:24 +0100, Luka Renko wrote:
> > Is 0.80.1 so much different than 0.71 that we used in Ubuntu before?
>
> Yes, the native-code bits are a complete rewrite (that's why it no
> longer needs Pyrex, and works on Python 2.5 without Fedora's patches
> to Pyrex.)

OK, that can explain a lot.

> Anyway, I've found and fixed the problem with String leaking memory - I'd
> assumed that the __dict__ was automatically freed by Python, but this
> turns out not to be the case. The patch below solves this for String,
> Struct, _LongBase and _StrBase - with this change, and the patches I
> previously posted to the list, I no longer get increasing memory
> consumption when running your simplified test case. Could you please verify
> this for your real app?

I tried with all your patches, but it does not help to real app and then I
have also tested with my test utility and it did not help either. :-(
It looks like I am doing something wrong - I have attached cumulative patch I
have applied to 0.80.1 version - this should include all the patches proposed
by you. Can you check if this is complete patch or can you provide your
complete patch based on 0.80.1 version?

Regards,
Luka