[patch] python-dbus 0.80.1 memory leak issue

Luka Renko lure at kubuntu.org
Thu Feb 8 03:23:14 PST 2007

On Wednesday 7. of February 2007 21:44:44 Simon McVittie wrote:
> I think you're missing at least some of the patches from my third mail
> in the thread, Message-ID:
> <20070205163004.GA25990 at celebrin.pseudorandom.co.uk>. Could you please try
> with one of these?
>
> either:
> http://people.freedesktop.org/~smcv/dbus-python-0.80.1.20070207.tar.gz
> or:
> git clone http://people.freedesktop.org/~smcv/git/dbus-python/.git
>
> These should be the same, and contain the changes I want to put in 0.80.2.

Actually it was Ubuntu packaging issue - it did not cleanup some .pyc/.pyo
files (due to recent migration to python 2.5). When I have tried your package
it just worked and then I looked in more detail in the package itself.

I can confirm that your patches work fine for my test and full application.
Running this for several hours and memory footprint stays the same.
Simon, thanks for your work on this issue and for showing me that I am doing
something wrong when testing your patches.

Regards,
Luka