Question on service activation

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Fri Feb 23 11:46:19 PST 2007

On Friday 23 February 2007 15:32, Havoc Pennington wrote:

> I would suggest we worry first and primarily about launching the right
> org.fd.EMail provider if none is running, which is the big glaring problem.

Hmm, well this one is already covered by AddActivatableService, isn't it?

> As a corner case we can figure out some way to have the right app "win"
> if you launch two email apps. I can think of a number of ways to do
> this, it seems like we should choose one that's simplest and that's
> compatible with the nicest way to solve the big problem of launching the
> right provider when none is running.

This has actually been the only problem we (Celso and me) encountered during
our discussion.
However, referring to the end of this thread, this now seems to be covered as
well (or at least we have a plan how to cover it)

> A minor detail of this would be adding support for multiple bus names in
> the same .service file

Isn't this already possible? The D-Bus tutorial has an example with exactly
this situation (two names)

Cheers,
Kevin
KDE user support, developer mentoring