[patch] DBUS System Activation II

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Mon Jun 18 14:14:09 PDT 2007

On Mon, 2007-06-18 at 19:05 +0100, Richard Hughes wrote:
> I'll crack on with the error reporting tomorrow

Perhaps tonight :-)

If we still return a numeric error code (to avoid rewriting large chunks
of the dbus-spawn code) then we can still communicate a meaningful
message to the user. What about the following:

Error return code: 1
org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.Spawn.FailedToSetup
Failed to setup environment correctly

Error return code: 2
org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.Spawn.BusNameNotValid
Bus name is not valid or missing

Error return code: 3
org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.Spawn.BusNameNotFound
Bus name not found in system service directory

Error return code: 4
org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.Spawn.PermissionsInvalid
The permission of the setuid helper is not correct

Error return code: 5
org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.Spawn.ServiceFileInvalid
The service file is incorrect or does not have all required attributes

Error return code: 6
org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.Spawn.CannotExecute
Cannot launch daemon, file not found or permissions invalid

Other wording welcome.

Thanks,

Richard.