D-Bus session bus is strangely closing my connection

Havoc Pennington hp at redhat.com
Sun Mar 18 08:31:08 PDT 2007

Incidentally, if you check the man page of dbus-daemon from CVS or on
the web site, I added a section on running a verbose-output debug copy
of the daemon. This should make it pretty easy to debug this type of
thing, since the daemon will print that it's kicking you off, and will
probably print a reason (if it doesn't explain the reason well enough,
you can go in and add your own _dbus_verbose statements to display
relevant info at the spot in the code that's deciding your message is
invalid).

In the C source, I would also suggest looking at the unit tests for the
recursive marshaling code; it's a good list of corner cases you'll need
to be able to handle.