I can't Trolltech's D-BUS Definition.

Lim,GeunSik invain at naver.com
Mon May 14 05:55:20 PDT 2007

Hello, I am using dbus-0.61-3 at fedora core 5 now. Recently, I wondered about dbus's definition.
Because Trolltech said that D-BUS is an Inter-Process Communication(IPC) and RPC using below website.
Is it correct Really? I can not understand Definition that Trotech wrote.
Please, Can anyone explaind about definition of D-bus exactly?
* http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/dbus
What is D-Bus?
D-Bus is a message bus system, a simple way for applications to talk to one another.
In addition to interprocess communication, D-Bus helps coordinate process lifecycle;
it makes it simple and reliable to code a "single instance" application or daemon,
and to launch applications and daemons on demand when their services are needed.
* http://doc.trolltech.com/4.2/intro-to-dbus.html
Introduction
D-BUS is an Inter-Process Communication (IPC) and Remote Procedure Calling (RPC) mechanism
originally developed for Linux to replace existing and competing IPC solutions with one
unified protocol. It has also been designed to allow communication between system-level
processes (such as printer and hardware driver services) and normal user processes.

invain님의 블로그
Embedded Linux System Designer & Developer
새로운 기부문화의 씨앗, 해피빈