Short lived, or "private", objects on the bus

Mikkel Kamstrup Erlandsen mikkel.kamstrup at gmail.com
Sun May 20 12:48:03 PDT 2007

2007/5/18, Havoc Pennington <hp at redhat.com>:

> Hi,
>
> Objects can have any lifecycle policy you want. The most common ones are:
>   <SNIP>
>   - tied to one app using the object, with explicit destroy (i.e. if the
>     app disconnects without destroying, you clean up; but the app is
>     encouraged to explicitly destroy before that, if it's done with
>     the object)

Thanks. This is what we will do. I take it the way to do it is the way Ross
described by listening for NameOwnerChanged signals (at least it works for
me here).

Allow me to sneak a related question into this thread... We need to scale
pretty good with regards to spawning searches. Fx ~50 searches within one
second could happen - will dbus be a bottle neck here if we choose to make
Search objects real dbus objects (because we need to register each one on
the bus)?

I assume that spawning a new object takes a round trip to the bus atleast...

Cheers,
Mikkel