dbus/dbus dbus-server.c,1.54,1.55

Havoc Pennington hp at redhat.com
Tue May 22 14:18:07 PDT 2007

Ralf Habacker wrote:
> Sorry, _dbus_server_listen_platform_specific() is specified in
> dbus-server-unix.c  and there is *no* dbus-server-win.c yet. Should I
> really create an additional file with an empty function or would it not
> more economic to create this file when there are real functions and to
> use c onditionals to deactivate this stuff ?  Why do we have DBUS_WIN
> and DBUS_UNIX, when not for such cases ?

Well, as you may have noticed I am usually against using DBUS_WIN and
DBUS_UNIX. Specifically, I added the _platform_specific stuff as one way
to avoid them.

An empty dbus-server-win.c should be created, with the usual boilerplate
(Emacs magic, license text, copyright holders) and this empty function.
A fully working Windows port IMO would not leave the function empty
though, there would be a Windows-specific server type other than TCP.