D-Bus on Win32, and dbus-glib question

Gnaural gnaural at users.sourceforge.net
Fri Nov 9 09:30:57 PST 2007

I'm linux-based, and write my apps for linux, but also
MinGW my stuff into Win32 apps when it is easy (since
they reliably get 20-times as many downloads). Tor
Lillqvist's GLib and GTK Win32 ports have been key to
being able to do this. Thanks as always Tor.

Problem is, I've recently worked D-Bus using GLib
bindings in to my Gnaural app, and while I am very
pleased with it, it looks like I can't cross-compile
this to windows yet, since there appears to be no
dbus-glib port yet. Is this correct?

I figure I can just rewrite my little D-Bus server in
straight D-Bus API, since it looks like people are
using precompiled D-Bus Win32 ports like these:
http://82.149.170.66/kde-windows/win32libs/zip/complete/dbus-mingw-1.1.2.20070919.zip

But before I do that, I just wondered if anybody a)
knew the status of Win32 dbus-glib bindings and b)
what people's experiences have been trying to get
Win32 D-Bus apps working (like, do you distribute the
daemon with the app?, do you launch it from a batch
file?, etc.)

Thanks!