D-Bus on Win32, and dbus-glib question

Gnaural gnaural at users.sourceforge.net
Sat Nov 17 06:30:20 PST 2007

Thanks! Using the low-level D-Bus API, I was able to
cross-compile with MinGW successfully, and to my
delight, the D-Bus feature of my app worked great In
fact, better than it's parent (the linux version),
since that one has a serious problem detailed in my
20071116 post (re: a bad dbus/gtk_dialog_run
interaction).

The only problem in the Windows test (WinXP Home): the
dbus-daemon didn't autostart properly. It looked like
the DLL was trying to autostart, but failing and in
turn froze any D-Bus app I tried to launch (server or
client).

Specifically, on top of my app would be another
console-style window with some title text about
"lanching dbus daemon" or such (sorry, I had to borrow
the Windows computer quickly).

The fix was to open another console and manually
launch the daemon with:
dbus-daemon --config-file=session.conf

BTW, I am using the dll, session.conf, and
dbus-daemon.exe precompiled from here:
http://82.149.170.66/kde-windows/win32libs/zip/complete/dbus-mingw-1.1.2.20070919.zip

Any ideas? Thanks again!

[...]