code source dbus

Peter Clifton pcjc2 at cam.ac.uk
Wed Oct 10 10:52:12 PDT 2007

On Wed, 2007-10-10 at 19:22 +0200, "Charles Hervé Tchoutat Tchabo"
wrote:
> thank you to answer me, I was already of the same opinion as Aashish
> Raina . This problem I pose it since more than one month on the forum,
> without continuation I hope that I would obtain finally an answer. My
> code is below, I am sorry it's a little long, I await the correction
> impatiently.

Hopefully someone will be able to help with your problem (I and haven't
coded D-Bus stuff in nearly a year, and am no expert, am not
volunteering), however I think more help would be forthcoming if you
rephrased the question somewhat.

Perhaps it wasn't your intention, but the above message comes across as
being very rude, and won't tend to get a positive reply.

Without seeing the rest of the original thread, it it isn't clear where
you're hitting the problem, what errors are produced, or what debugging
you've already tried.

This simply means a lot of people reading this will not have any idea
where the problem is without taking your code, building and running it
(or spending a long time reading it). If you make it less work for the
readers to see where problems are occurring, they are more likely to
drawn in and interested to debug.

I've found the people on this mailing list very helpful in the past, but
ultimately I guess its just luck who reads your post and whether they
have the time to dig in and help.

Something I've occasionally found of some mailing lists (not this one),
is that if you pose too specific a technical problem - and no-one really
knows the answer, no-one gets drawn into the thread and it sits
unanswered.

In general though, if you get no answer for some time, try rephrasing
the question, and if no-one can help - you eventually have to accept
that.

I hope this helps.

Regards

Peter Clifton