Problem using the latest D-Bus enabled GDM on Solaris

Havoc Pennington hp at redhat.com
Fri Sep 7 15:37:12 PDT 2007

man page for dbus-daemon has a section called Debugging that explains
how to get tons of debug output. You may have to rebuild with verbose
mode enabled though. Simply doing an strace (or truss or whatever) may
also help.

I don't understand enough about your setup here to guess what's going
wrong. With the usual dbus setup, the file in /tmp would not be owned
by root, and also the file would be obtained from
DBUS_SESSION_BUS_ADDRESS set on user login, which I'd assume is not
available to gdm.

So you presumably have something custom going on here, which you would
have to explain the intent of and mechanism for before I'd have any
advice.