problem with system activation

Kay Sievers kay.sievers at vrfy.org
Fri Sep 21 10:08:14 PDT 2007

On 9/21/07, Richard Hughes <hughsient at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 2007-09-21 at 16:41 +0200, Kay Sievers wrote:
> > People who still write new software without requiring proper file
> > names, should be hit with a big stick.
>
> I think Bill meant the bit before the .service, e.g.
> org.freedesktop.hal.service instead of hal-daemon.service

Yeah, sure, I got it after your explanation. :) We just constantly run
into problems with pm-utils, module-init-tools, ..., which don't do
that file name extension thing ...

The service name requirement is a bit confusing, I agree with Bill,
but with your explanation, it sounds reasonable, and it makes sense to
do it that way.

Thanks,
Kay