Reqd Help on D-Bus

Thiago Macieira thiago at kde.org
Fri Apr 4 06:09:25 PDT 2008

On Friday 04 April 2008 14:28:49 sumeet.pawnikar at wipro.com wrote:
> Hello,
>
> We are working on D-BUS over Ubuntu Linux.
>
> We have one requirement to be met, which is explained in detail as
> below.
>
> Suppose a D-BUS service, provides certain methods, but is not currently
> running. One client application wants to access one of the methods
> provided by the service, and at that time only this service should start
> executing as a daemon. Is there any D-BUS functionality using which we
> can achieve this goal.

Yes, you can use the service starting functionality. When an application tries
to access your service, the daemon will automatically launch your service.

> Can you please guide us on how can it be implemented?

You want a .service file installed in /usr/share/dbus-1/services.

> message and any attachments.

> transmitted by this email.
>
> www.wipro.com

Please get that annoying and useless message out of your email. You can use
any of the free webmail services to get rid of it.

(Yours isn't too bad. I've seen some that request that the recipient share the
message with no one, which is obviously against mailing list procedures for
public archiving)

    PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
    E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358