[ANNOUNCE] D-Bus 1.2.1 released and branched

John (J5) Palmieri johnp at redhat.com
Fri Apr 4 12:59:52 PDT 2008

Due to issues putting the re-licensing effort on hold indefinitely, it
has been decided to move to 1.2.x versioning scheme.  Being that 1.1.20
is considered to also be 1.2.0 and this being the second release in the
1.2.x stable series we have versioned this release 1.2.1. This release
contains a number of bug fixes identified after 1.1.20:

      * compiles under some older versions of glibc
      * compiles without X support once again
      * fix stuck server grab if dbus-launch is run in an existing D-Bus
        X session
      * various Mac OSX build fixes added
      * don’t use the broken poll call on Mac OSX
      * better checks for linker flag support should allow D-Bus to link
        under various linkers
      * exit_on_disconnect is set after the connection registers with a
        bus so we don’t exit if we get a disconnect during the handshake
      * dicts now work correctly with dbus-send
      * inotify backend is now less aggressive
      * pending calls expire correctly
      * memleak of uuid when the bus is autolaunched fixed

D-Bus is a message bus system, a simple way for applications to talk to
one another. In addition to interprocess communication, D-Bus helps
coordinate process lifecycle; it makes it simple and reliable to code a
“single instance” application or daemon, and to launch applications and
daemons on demand when their services are needed.

Get it now at:

http://dbus.freedesktop.org/releases/dbus/dbus-1.2.1.tar.gz
All stable development will now happen on the “dbus-1.2-branch” branch
and all unstable development should happen on the “master” branch.