Issues while using DBUS over TCP

Eric Jonas jonas at MIT.EDU
Wed Aug 6 09:04:57 PDT 2008

> With that said, I wish there was a HOWTO or Wiki somewhere that
> addresses the use of DBUS over TCP. DBUS is potentially a very powerful
> framework with characteristics that could make it very useful in a
> controlled embedded environment (especially for test and verification of
> services hosted on the target platform). I've seen plenty of posts of

I just created a wiki page on the freedesktop wiki:

http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/HowtoTCPDBus

There's of course nothing there but some placeholder text, but Glenn,
with your permission, we could put the text of your e-mail (and Simon's
suggestions) there as a start?  It was remarkably easy to create the
account on the freedesktop wiki, I encourage people to give it a try.
			...Eric