roadmap

Scott James Remnant scott at canonical.com
Wed Aug 6 18:14:49 PDT 2008

On Wed, 2008-08-06 at 16:36 -0400, Colin Walters wrote:

> That's about it, after that I think we can call it done.

I think that there's some interesting directions to take signals.

Firstly having it such that an object is notified when somebody is
matching against its signals, and thus it can choose not to emit them
unless anybody's listening -- reducing bus wakeup, traffic, etc.  This
could be handled entirely in bindings.

I'd also quite like the idea of signal feedback, so the object can know
whether anybody opted to respond to a signal and find out whether they
are finished.  Maybe I mean broadcast method calls? :-)

Scott
--
Scott James Remnant
scott at canonical.com