roadmap

Colin Walters walters at verbum.org
Wed Aug 6 18:21:04 PDT 2008

On Wed, Aug 6, 2008 at 9:14 PM, Scott James Remnant <scott at canonical.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 2008-08-06 at 16:36 -0400, Colin Walters wrote:
>
>> That's about it, after that I think we can call it done.
>>
> I think that there's some interesting directions to take signals.
>
> Firstly having it such that an object is notified when somebody is
> matching against its signals, and thus it can choose not to emit them
> unless anybody's listening -- reducing bus wakeup, traffic, etc.  This
> could be handled entirely in bindings.

Though before we do this, I think it'd be more valuable to go through
the various bindings/apps and make sure they're using the existing
detail match rule.  I remember discussion before about cases where
bindings/apps were watching for NameOwnerChanged from the bus, without
a match rule that means tons of processes wake up every time one
leaves or joins the bus.