building dbus and its configure options

Fritz Code codefritz at googlemail.com
Fri Aug 22 11:16:26 PDT 2008

I need that prefix since I'm cross-compiling. With the prefix I specify
where my toolchain is located and where the library and binarys are supposed
to be installed.
In my opinion the compiler prefix is only the path where the packages get
installed or copied to.
But it doesn't affect the packages-specific settings like in this case for
d-bus its socket-path or config-path.

Prefix is, in my opinion, only an option for autoconf, gcc etc. but not for
the package (dbus) itself isn't it?

So all I want is the following (tried today with I guess all options
./configure --help provided, and I know you can provide some paths in dbus
config file system.conf):

1) Compile and install d-bus on host system (i386): Toolchain is at:
"/opt/devel/arm9/arm-linux/"
 So I specify: --prefix="/opt/devel/arm9/arm-linux/", without this prefix my
local d-bus system get's overridden.

2) I have to copy the created lib and binaries (I do only need the lib,
dbus-daemon and dbus-monitor)
 to my target (ARM Arch). I wanna located the lib at /lib and the binarys in
/usr/local/bin
And all paths for any files of course should not perpended with prefix but
in usual style like: /etc/dbus/system.conf or /tmp/.socket and
/var/run/dbus-pid

Sorry If I didn't express this fact in my mail before clearly.

Thanks for any help.

Fritz.

On Fri, Aug 22, 2008 at 3:48 PM, Thiago Macieira <thiago at kde.org> wrote:

> On Sexta 22 Agosto 2008 14:36:00 Fritz Code wrote:
> > So somehow I can't get the prefix (which i have specified (--prefix=
> > /opt/devel/toolchains/arm9/arm-linux) out of dbus.
>
> If you don't want that prefix, why did you specify it?
>
> --
>   Thiago Macieira  -  thiago (AT) macieira.info - thiago (AT) kde.org
>     PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
>     E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358

Regards,
--Codefritz