D BUS for real time application

John (J5) Palmieri johnp at redhat.com
Fri Aug 29 08:35:18 PDT 2008

On Tue, 2008-08-26 at 10:07 +0000, DEEPESH SINGH wrote:

> Dear all ,
>
> I m using DBUS for linux desktop application for P2P communication
> also i want to use it for real time application event handling which i
> feel requires a little change because it is not designed for the real
> time application.
>
> Is the way i m thinking is correct or i m loosing some points if
> anybody feels that it is not posible or requires a lot of change pls
> let me know how we can make it compatible for the real time system.
>
> According to my research i have seen that people are coming up with
> there solutions in different consortium like LIMO .
>
> PLZ send your valuable thought if any.
>
> Regards,
>
> Deepesh

For things you want to certify for realtime don't use D-Bus, use AMPQ.
D-Bus was not designed to be realtime use something like MRG
(http://www.redhat.com/mrg/) which is an implementation of the AMPQ
protocol.  This is designed to be realtime.  There is no point in making
D-Bus realtime and in fact can have an adverse effect on normal
performance.