the preferred C binding today

sfora dim sfora.dim at gmail.com
Mon Feb 4 22:25:07 PST 2008

Hi everyone,

What is the preferred binding to use for C programs ?

Is it glib ? my program is strictly C.

I understand that the low level libdbus library is just too much
work.

Are there other alternatives besides those two ?

Which is the most commonly used in C nowadays ?

Thank you
naziir

PS my scenario is:

I want to use dbus for IPC to a big C program (Acting as a
daemon/server/service). This daemon has no interaction with
GUI whatsoever. in fact it has no user input.

There will be clients that will connect to it using DBUS.
the clients will be GUI utilities. Currently I don't have
the client applications, but I have simple client C programs just
for demonstrations.