dbus-glib licensing

Richard Hult richard at imendio.com
Wed Feb 6 07:56:36 PST 2008

Simon McVittie wrote:
> The following are, as we know, problematic:
>
> Anders Carlsson <andersca codefactory.se>
> Richard Hult <rhult codefactory.se>
> CodeFactory AB

Speaking for my contributions from the CodeFactory time, I am quite sure
  they are minimal and probably not even copyrightable? It looks like a
  build fix, and a very small crash fix in the glib mainloop integration
code.

Anders' code on the other hand is a problem, I don't think anybody knows
who owns that code. This is what Ryan Lortie said in the original thread
about this:

> A significant portion of the code (as outlined in Rob Taylor's earlier
> email) is also listed as copyright CodeFactory AB.  This code was
> developed under contract for Nokia, though, so it might turn out that
> the copyright actually belongs to them.  I've contacted Quim Gil and he
> has agreed to chase things up on his end to see what he can find out.

Ryan, did you hear anything back from Quim?

/Richard

--
Imendio AB, http://www.imendio.com/