dbus - ARM target - ERROR: Couldn't connect to session bus

Trilok Soni soni.trilok at gmail.com
Fri Feb 15 09:13:56 PST 2008

Hi All,

On Fri, Feb 15, 2008 at 5:54 PM, Trilok Soni <soni.trilok at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
>  I am trying to run ARM cross-compiled libdbus and libdbus-glib based
>  application on ARM9 DaVinci based board.
>  These libraries are compiled with the following options under scratchbox.
>
>  libdbus configure options:
>
>  ./configure --prefix=/usr --disable-xml-docs --disable-doxygen-docs
>  --without-x --localstatedir=/var --enable-verbose-mode
>
>  libdbus-glib configure options:
>
>  ./configure --prefix=/usr --disable-doxygen-docs --localstatedir=/var
>  --with-test-socket-dir=/var
>  --with-introspect-xml=../dbus-bus-introspect.xml
>
>  I have created the "messagebus" UID and GID for system bus on board
>  filesystem. Configuration files like session.conf and system.conf
>  are in "/usr/etc/dbus-1" on filesystem.
>
>  I am first launching system-bus using following command
>
>  <from root user>
>  #export DBUG_VERBOSE=1
>  #dbus-daemon --system
>
>  #ps
>  <snip>
>   1140 root        816 S   -sh
>   1391 trilok      708 S   -sh
>   1405 messageb    468 S   dbus-daemon --system
>   1407 trilok      648 R   ps
>  <snip>
>
>  Now login into normal user "trilok" account to launch session bus.
>  #login trilok
>  <trilok># dbus-daemon --session --nofork --print-pid --print-address 0
>  <trilok># unix:path=/tmp/session_bus_socket,guid=9b99e59ebe05b5a27f22730000004f86
>              1466
>  <trilok>#  ps
>   1430 trilok      808 S   -sh
>   1466 trilok      408 S   dbus-daemon --session --fork --print-pid 0 --print-ad
>   1468 trilok      648 R   ps
>  <trilok># export
>  DBUS_SESSION_BUS_ADDRESS="unix:path=/tmp/session_bus_socket,guid=9b99e59ebe05b5a27f22730000004f86"
>              Now running my player-server dbus-glib written application.
>   <trilok># player-server
>
>  It throws the following error:
>  "player-server: ERROR: Couldn't connect to session bus (Did not
>  receive a reply. Possible causes include: the remote application did
>  not send a reply, the message bus security policy blocked the reply,
>  the reply timeout expired, or the network connection was broken.)"

Any clue on above error message, I am totally stuck here? Does
"urandom" node must for d-bus to execute? I have also tried executing
above dbus-daemon and dbus-monitor under scratchbox with qemu
emulation layer, but same error messages are popped there too. I think
I am missing some very simple settings somewhere.

--
--Trilok Soni