dbus cleanup question

Havoc Pennington hp at pobox.com
Thu Feb 21 07:23:04 PST 2008

Hi,

If your app does not own a reference, then I believe this would be a
bug; the dbus_shutdown() should be disconnecting the shared connection
for you. However, the bug may have been fixed in more recent dbus
versions.

Note that dbus_bus_get() returns a reference that you own. So you
would need to unref() this before you shutdown.

Again, if your app is going to exit anyway, there is absolutely no
need to dbus_shutdown(), other than to mop up valgrind warnings. There
are no resources that will leak if the app exits.

If you can't figure out the problem and it still happens with a more
recent dbus, I would suggest sending us a small, compilable,
single-file test case to illustrate the problem.