Object serialization

Luigi Paioro luigi at lambrate.inaf.it
Mon Feb 25 09:05:18 PST 2008

Hello all!

   I have been missing from this mailing list for one year, so a lot of
stuff certainly have been done but I'm not updated. One of my last
issues were concerning the possibility of the object serialization
within DBus. Someone suggested me to adopt an object/dictionary map, and
send a dictionary instead of introducing an object serialization in the
DBus protocol. Of course at that time this was a good solution, but I
was wondering whether this issue has been carried forward, defining a
formal translation object<->dictionary / dictionary<->object. I could
define my private map, but if there were a general map, a standard,
agreed upon by the DBus community, I would rather use it.

Thank you in advance for your comments.

Luigi