[ANNOUNCE] D-Bus 1.1.4 (1.2.0RC2) - "Opps, I did it again" released

John (J5) Palmieri johnp at redhat.com
Wed Jan 23 12:03:42 PST 2008

On Tue, 2008-01-22 at 13:54 +0100, Olivier Hochreutiner wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> Before releasing 1.2.0 I propose to fix the Windows port so that it
> builds and somehow work. For now it doesn't even build.
> So ... here is a patch to fix the build.
> I tested it a bit I did not found any problem, but I did not run the
> test suite, though.
>
> The changes are the following:
>
> * Updated version to 1.1.4
> * Small fixes in CMakeLists.txt
> * Modified _dbus_connect_tcp_socket() and _dbus_listen_tcp_socket() in
> dbus-sysdeps-win.c to match their declarations in dbus-sysdeps.h. In
> principle IPv6 should work, but I did not test it.
> * Copied and adapted unix version of  _dbus_write_pid_to_file_and_pipe()
> * Added missing _dbus_babysitter_get_child_exit_status()
> * Fixed a problem under Windows Vista in _dbus_accept() preventing
> dbus-daemon to accept incoming connections and using 100% of CPU.
> * Added missing _dbus_get_standard_system_servicedirs(). The function
> returns nothing as suggested in comments.
>
> The above changes do not affect the unix code so I believe they can be
> applied safely. Is it possible to include it in 1.2.0 ?
>
> Best,

Depends on the Windows port maintainers.  A decision was made not to
wait for them as the UNIX port needs the system activation feature to
support a lot of the future Linux infrastructure.  Under Linux D-Bus is
a vital part of the core system.  That is not to say I wouldn't release
a 1.2.1 just for windows support but we are not going to block on it.
If the Windows port ever stabilizes we would be happy to coordinate
releases.