[ANNOUNCE] D-Bus 1.1.4 (1.2.0RC2) - "Opps, I did it again" released

Olivier Hochreutiner olivier.hochreutiner at gmail.com
Tue Jan 22 04:54:55 PST 2008

Hi there,

Before releasing 1.2.0 I propose to fix the Windows port so that it
builds and somehow work. For now it doesn't even build.
So ... here is a patch to fix the build.
I tested it a bit I did not found any problem, but I did not run the
test suite, though.

The changes are the following:

* Updated version to 1.1.4
* Small fixes in CMakeLists.txt
* Modified _dbus_connect_tcp_socket() and _dbus_listen_tcp_socket() in
dbus-sysdeps-win.c to match their declarations in dbus-sysdeps.h. In
principle IPv6 should work, but I did not test it.
* Copied and adapted unix version of  _dbus_write_pid_to_file_and_pipe()
* Added missing _dbus_babysitter_get_child_exit_status()
* Fixed a problem under Windows Vista in _dbus_accept() preventing
dbus-daemon to accept incoming connections and using 100% of CPU.
* Added missing _dbus_get_standard_system_servicedirs(). The function
returns nothing as suggested in comments.

The above changes do not affect the unix code so I believe they can be
applied safely. Is it possible to include it in 1.2.0 ?

Best,

Olivier Hochreutiner