leak-locator branch

Ray Strode halfline at gmail.com
Fri Jul 11 22:06:00 PDT 2008

Hi,

I've created a new leak-locator branch that contains some sloppy code
I wrote to locate a memory leak in my activation environment set of
patches (valgrind wasn't behaving).

The patch checks at dbus_shutdown time if there are any memory leaks,
and if so outputs the stack traces of the malloc calls that leaked to
stderr.

It's not really in any sort of mergeable state, I just threw it up
there so the next person looking for leaks doesn't have to rewrite the
same N lines of code and throw it away.

On the other hand, it wouldn't take *that* much work to get it into a
mergeable state.  If any one wants to take over the branch, feel free.

I'm going on a 2 week trip tomorrow so I doubt I'll be putting any
effort into it, though.

--Ray