getting off the ground

Chris Cole ccole2 at mix.wvu.edu
Tue Jun 10 12:47:22 PDT 2008

Hey all,
I really want to use dbus in this custom little application I'm
developing. The problem is I'm having a little  trouble getting the
intro examples to work. I'm trying to run a C++ dbus program to receive
messages and have a python program send messages to it. Attached are my
two examples, almost straight from the respective C and python
tutorials....I can compile and run the C++ code with:

$ g++ dbus_recv.cc -o dbus_recv -I/usr/include/dbus-1.0
-I/usr/lib/dbus-1.0/include  -ldbus-1
$ ./dbus_recv
Listening for signals
Match rule sent

But when I run the python code to call a method it just hangs. Any help
would be greatly appreciated :)

Thanks,
  Chris