dbus-python and dbus properties

Eric Jonas jonas at MIT.EDU
Tue Jun 24 14:46:59 PDT 2008

I looked through the source code and the docs, and I couldn't find a way
to implement properties. In particular, though I can implement (by hand)
the various bits of the Properties interface, introspection is still a
problem. There doesn't appear to be an easy or centralized way of
modifying the XML generated by introspection such that the existence of
the properties can be advertised.

I'm guessing this is either because 1. it's actually hard and subtle to
get this right from python or 2. it's easy but people are busy. If it's
the latter (or maybe even the former), would you guys accept a patch
adding reasonable property management?

			...Eric