Help with simple example use of perl's Net::DBus

Madison Kelly linux at alteeve.com
Mon Mar 10 06:46:32 PDT 2008

Hi all,

   I've been trying to use Net::DBus for a fairly simple purpose;
connect to the system bus and listen for signals. Nothing more. However,
I seem to be quite daft as this simple task escapes me. I had decided to
give up on it for now and listed to a system call to 'dbus-monitor
--system --profile', but it turns out that is not feasible because of
the output being buffered causing unfeasible delays in the perl code
seeing the output.

   So I am hoping someone could provide a very basic code sample showing
how to use Net::DBus to listed to the system bus and print signals as
they are emitted.

   I'd be very, very happy with just this basic step. I am pretty sure I
can learn what I want to do on my own once I have something basic to
work on.

Thanks!

Madison