Newbie:DBus message bus on multiple host?

soulskylove soulskylove at 126.com
Wed May 7 20:31:55 PDT 2008

Hello guys.I'm just a newbie in dbus.
Is there any step-by-step documentaion for message bus on different hosts?

session.conf on the host running dbus-daemon
<listen>tcp:host=0,0,0,0,port=6681</listen>
<auth>ANONYMOUS</auth>

then I restarted dbus-daemon ,ran dbus-launch tested the exapmle in the same host,It's ok.

Next, on another host, I set the DBUS_SESSION_BUS_ADDRESS=tcp:host
=192.168.0.1(ip of host),port=6681,then I ran the example.It says:Did not receive a reply. Possible causes include:...

Is there any thing I missing? Thank you very much.